What is SBDC Day?
SBDC Day is a national, collective proclamation of the success and impact America’s Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) have across the nation in economic development and the small businesses community. SBDC Day unites the nearly 1,000 SBDC centers across the country and the hundreds of thousands of clients they serve by simultaneously sharing the success stories and notable impacts SBDCs collectively have on the small business community at large. This special day is celebrated with social media campaigns, public relations initiatives, and other online events.
Want to become an SBDC Day Ambassador?
SBDC Day Ambassadors is a program that allows organizations and businesses to support the nation's largest and most effective small business network during SBDC Day.
SBDC Day Ambassador Program America's SBDC developed a national SBDC Day Ambassador program, so that all of America's SBDC partners, supporters and stakeholders can collectively show their support for SBDC Day.
What is required of an Ambassador?
- Share at least one social media post on your Twitter account
- Share or write an SBDC Day blog/article and post on your blog, website and/or communications
What sort of recognition will you receive?
All national SBDC Ambassadors will be recognized on America's SBDC Day webpage, in SBDC Day collateral and in email communications including a national press release.
What are other ways you can support SBDC Day?
- Host (or co-host with your local SBDC) a free workshop or webinar in honor of SBDC Day
- Host (or co-host with your local SBDC) a Twitter Chat in honor of SBDC Day
- Take advantage of and utilize other communication outlets to promote SBDC Day
- Provide us with a quote from someone at your organization to share in our SBDC toolkit for SBDCs
- Create and share a short promotional video for social media
- Create a special “SBDC Day” discount to your clients in honor of our big day
- Host a contest/sweepstakes
- Contact your local SBDC or let us introduce you
Assets Available for Ambassadors:
- Special Ambassador Graphic
- Social Media Post
- National Impact Brochure
- Proclamation Template
- Video Script template
- Need something else? Contact us.
How do I become an Ambassador?
- Email April Youngblut, Director of Marketing & Communications at America’s SBDC via email, firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm your support.
- Next, we will share our assets with you.
- We will add you to our list and get you included in all our promotional materials
The SBDC Day Ambassador program is designed for businesses that want to support the SBDCs on a national level through the association, America’s SBDC. Anyone interested in the Ambassador program must contact America’s SBDC directly. Support your local SBDC by directly contacting their office for available opportunities. If you are an SBDC interested in supporting SBDC Day, email email@example.com to access the toolkit.